Katy Child Support Lawyers
Looking Out for You & Your Child
Child support can be a difficult and contentious issue in a divorce. No parent wants to deny their child the aid they need, but they have to look out for their own affairs as well. Finding a fair child support arrangement that protects the best interest of the child without putting a financial strain on either parent can be a complex process but not an impossible one.
The child support attorneys at The Springer Law Firm in Katy have decades of combined experience helping families with child support arrangements. We are strong believers in using negotiation to reach an agreement everyone can support but we are also prepared to take a more aggressive approach when necessary. When you hire our firm, our legal team will work closely with you to determine the best strategy for your situation.
How Is Child Support Calculated?
The laws in Texas regarding child support are not as straightforward as they appear. There are very specific formulas that examine the income of both parents and the time each parent is able to spend with the child under the custody agreement.
Some factors that influence child support arrangements include:
- A parent’s financial situation and ability to pay
- The child’s special needs, such as medical care, education, etc.
- The child custody agreement
- The standard of living parents and child had before the divorce or separation
- Each parent’s own financial needs and burdens
Call for a Consultation with a Child Support Attorney (281) 990-6025
- Divorcing with kids: Know the limits on child support
- What can child support pay for?
- High wage earners may have sticker shock from child support
Speak with an experienced child support lawyer in Katy today by calling (281) 990-6025.