Katy Estate Planning Attorneys
We Help People in Harris, Fort Bend, Waller, Austin & Wharton Counties Build a Comprehensive Plan for the Future
There are countless families across Texas who have experienced the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one. In many of these unfortunate situations, matters are made much worse due to the lack of a comprehensive estate plan. Families are left guessing what to do with certain items, and it can lead to lifelong disputes among loved ones regarding the distribution of assets.
You do not want to put your family in a similar position. The experienced estate planning lawyers at The Springer Law Firm in Katy can help you develop an estate plan that takes full advantage of all of the options available to you. We can provide you with recommendations you can use to build a plan that ensures you leave your family with a clear understanding of your final wishes.
Schedule your consultation with an estate planning lawyer today by calling (281) 990-6025.
A Plan That Works for Your Family
Our lawyers can meet with you to discuss what you feel is most important. Should you hire our services, we will examine your property and determine the appropriate measures to take when drafting your plan. At any point in time, if there are changes needed to be made to your plan, we can help you revise the documents as necessary.
We focus on many different issues related to estate planning, including:
- Wills & Trusts - Assisting with creating a comprehensive estate plan
- Modifications - Modifying an existing will or trust already in place
- Powers of Attorney - Discussing the appropriate individuals to grant powers of attorney to make financial and health care decisions for individuals that are incapacitated
- Estate Planning - Appointing individuals to administer your estate
Our goal when preparing your plan is to help you avoid some of the common mistakes that often leave families in a terrible place after the passing of a loved one. We want to make sure you take advantage of all the opportunities available to you, protecting and preserving your assets as much as possible.
The Benefits of Hiring an Estate Planning Attorney
Although many of us pride ourselves on turning certain tasks into do-it-yourself projects, estate planning is not something you should do on your own without assistance, especially if your assets are a little more complex and include a business or more than one piece of property.
Here are some of the benefits you may enjoy when you hire an estate planning attorney:
- An estate planning attorney can offer experienced guidance when it comes to drawing up your estate planning documents. Your attorney will get to know you, understand your finances, your family, and your goals to ensure that the estate plan you draft effectively hits every point.
- Without the extensive experience and knowledge of an estate planning attorney, you may not cover everything you wish to address in your estate plan. If you hire an attorney, however, you can feel confident that the plan you create is tailored to your exact needs and wishes.
- Not all estate plans are the same. Some, such as a living trust, can be complex and will require the assistance of a seasoned attorney.
- If you already have an estate plan, it may need to be updated from time to time. An estate planning attorney can provide the assistance you need to make any necessary changes your estate plan needs to reflect your current wishes.
- Mistakes made in an estate plan can potentially be costly and have serious ramifications, which is why it is crucial not to handle this task on your own. Your attorney will ensure that you do not make any of the common missteps many individuals make while creating this essential document.
Hiring a knowledgeable estate planning attorney is necessary to safeguard your future as well as the future of your loved ones. With an effective plan in place, you can rest assured that, regardless of what the future may hold, your beneficiaries will be cared for.