The Springer Law Firm
Call Us Today To Schedule Your Consultation

Your HOMETOWN Lawyers

July 2018 Archives

Remember to include this in your parenting agreement

When two parents decide to get divorced, they will have numerous issues to negotiate and decide as a part of breaking up their marriage. However, there's one topic that always takes the cake: child custody. You and your future co-parent will need to come to agreement on vital issues relating to who your children will live with and how your children will spend time with both parents. There are other vital co-parenting issues you'll need to decide as well, and all this should be included in your parenting agreement.

Do grandparents have the right to visit with their grandchildren?

Grandparents -- as a matter of federal law -- do not have a Constitutional right to spend time with their grandchildren, so if the parent doesn't want the grandparent to be around his or her child, the parent can prevent it. In most cases, the same rule applies under Texas law: The parents can nix grandparent visitations if they choose.

How supervised visitation can benefit both parents and the child

Imagine you made some mistakes in your past, and you're also a parent. You know that your child needs to see you, but the court and the other parent of your child believe you pose a threat to your child's safety. This is probably not true if you're concerned about spending time with your child, but whatever the judge decides is the law.

What is sole child custody?

When you have sole custody of your children, you will have complete authority and responsibility over their lives and they will also live with you full time. In many cases, an unmarried mother who gives birth to a child will automatically have sole custody of her child, but the biological father may be able to pursue the right to spend time with the child via a court-approved visitation schedule. In other cases, one of the parents may acquire sole custody if the other parent is deemed to be unfit for a variety of reasons, or if the other parent abandons the child.

We have Been Recognized By

Email Us For a Response

What Can We Do To Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Springer Law Firm

21815 Oak Park Trails Drive
Katy, TX 77450

Phone: 281-616-7540
Katy Law Office Map

Tell us how we did. Review us